A Quick Guide to a
Tutorials, Links and More Information
Calorie Needs Estimator, Body Mass Index (BMI)
Calculate your BMI and estimated calorie needs
Stress Reduction Techniques
Meditation information and instructions
Progressive Muscle Relaxation
During this technique, start with a few deep breaths and systematically tighten and relax muscles. Start with the feet and work upward or start with the head and work downward.
- Sit comfortably in your chair, back straight and feet flat on the floor.
- Inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth, allowing the belly to rise and fall, for five breaths.
- As you inhale, clinch or tighten the muscles of the feet (not to the point of cramping) and hold for 5 seconds.
- As you exhale, relax the muscle of the feet.
- Inhale and tighten the muscles of the calves. Exhale slowly and relax the muscles of the calves.
- Slowly progress your way upward. Moving to the thighs, stomach, fingers, arms, chest/back, shoulders and head/face.
- Once finished, slowly inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth bringing yourself back to alertness.